KICC Named Finalist of USGBC's 2023 LEED Project Awards
The Kentucky International Convention Center has been named among 12 finalists for the USGBC’s 2023 Community Leadership Awards for the South Central region. The awards celebrate excellence from the projects, people, and partners that are working to create greener buildings and better lives for those in their local communities.
The Community Leadership Awards are part of the organization’s LEED awards. The LEED rating system is the most widely used green building rating system. The Kentucky International Convention Center is a certified LEED Silver facility.
2023 project award finalists
Finalists represent excellence in green building and demonstrate leadership across the diverse markets in the region, which includes Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Our project award finalists in these communities for this year are:
- AC Hotel Louisville Downtown, Kentucky, LEED Certified
- Cambria Hotel Louisville Downtown, Whiskey Row, Kentucky, LEED Silver
- Cherokee Nation Outpatient Health Center, Oklahoma, LEED Silver
- FedEx Freight—Harrison General Office, Arkansas, LEED Silver
- Helen of Troy Tennessee DC, Tennessee, LEED Silver
- KC-46A Two-Bay Depot Maintenance Hangar, Oklahoma, LEED Silver
- Kentucky International Convention Center renovation and expansion, Kentucky, LEED Silver
- Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Commission, Louisiana, LEED Silver
- Nashville International Airport Administration building and terminal garage, Tennessee, LEED Gold
- New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Louisiana, LEED Gold
- WKU: Ogden College Hall, Kentucky, LEED Gold
- University of Kentucky Gatton Student Center, Kentucky, LEED Silver
Winners will be announced at events throughout the USGBC South Central region in the fall.
All nominees are eligible for the USGBC South Central region’s People’s Choice Award. You can vote here.