NFAA Indoor Nationals Returns to Louisville
Top archers from across the country head to Louisville this weekend for the 42nd NFAA Indoor Nationals, held downtown at the Kentucky International Convention Center. More than 1,600 athletes, ranging in skill level from junior to master, compete in 86 divisions divided by age and ability level.
Friday afternoon, young archers (under age 18) have the opportunity to meet their archery heroes at the Meet and Greet with the Pros from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the main exhibit hall.
Before the tournament officially begins, a single-round Pro-Am event will be held Friday for archers age 14 and up. Teams of amateurs will go against the professionals to test their skills. The tournament starts at 7 a.m. on Saturday. Sunday’s shooting schedule will be determined by Saturday’s results.
After Saturday’s competition wraps up, the action-packed Professional Shoot Off will take place where professionals and champions go head-to-head for both bragging rights and prizes.
Professional archers expected to attend include:
- Liko Arreola (a 14-year-old female professional who won back-to-back at The Vegas Shoot)
- Brady Ellison (Olympic & World medalist)
- Toja Ellison (World medalist)
- Paige Pearce (World medalist & 2019 NFAA Indoor National Champion)
- Jesse Broadwater (World medalist)
- Stephan Hansen (World medalist & 2019 NFAA Indoor National Champion)
- Linda Ochoa-Anderson (World medalist & 2020 NFAA Indoor National Champion)
- Sharon Wallace (2021 NFAA Indoor National Champion)
- Kyle Douglas (2020 & 2021 NFAA Indoor National Champion, 2020 & 2021 Vegas Shoot Champion)
The NFAA Indoor Nationals runs Friday, March 18-Sunday, March 20. A full schedule can be found at www.nfaausa.com/tournament/indoor-nationals. Admission is free for spectators.
Visitors can browse bows, arrows, scopes, archery accessories, apparel and more Friday- Sunday at the archery trade show that accompanies the event. The trade show is open Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Sunday.
For more information about the facility, visit www.kyconvention.org.